Jason is grateful to those who have served our country. He knows that transitioning back into being a civilian can be difficult, so he wants to expand support options for veterans. As City Councilman, Jason will:
- Fulfill the healthcare and mental health needs of seniors and veterans.
- Expand housing for seniors and veterans.
- Work towards creating alternatives to incarceration for seniors and veterans (e.g., expanding veterans courts).
- Reskill, upskill, and retool veteran retirees for second careers outside the military.
- Expand entrepreneurship capabilities for veterans who qualify for Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses opportunities.
Here’s what Jason has done for veterans:
- Jason co-organized with local veteran Tim Turane a virtual tribute to SEQ Legal Veterans for Veteran’s Day in 2020.